19th Jul 2021
How to Find Beach Parking This Summer
But here’s the thing: if you’re headed to the seaside, you’ll need to keep your guard up for potential parking infractions. In 2019 alone, over 64,000 beachside parking tickets were issued in the UK - that adds up to a whopping £2.5 million.
If you don’t want to become a part of those dreadful statistics, there’s a super straightforward way to secure a sea-adjacent parking space: Stashbee’s short-term beach parking. After all, a day at the beach should be carefree and fun!
How Can I Find Beach Parking Near Me?Finding beach parking this summer has just gotten easier than ever. Follow our simple three-step process to secure the perfect seaside spot for your ride.
1) Start your search. Log onto our user-friendly booking system to search for parking near your favourite beach. You can peruse by postcode or city name – whichever works for you! Next, you will be able to wade through loads of available options. In a rush? In that case, opt for Instant Bookings to save your spot then and there.
2) Make your enquiry. Contact your Host with any questions and hear back within 24 hours.
3) Book and pay. Once your questions have been answered, it’s time to book your spot and pay through our secure payment processing partner Stripe.
Remember, all Stashbee parking reservations come with Booking Protection and Payment Protection, so you don’t have to worry about any sudden complications during your beach day.
Beach Parking with StashbeeWhether you are setting off for a rowdy stag or hen do in Brighton or a relaxing day out in Devon, Stashbee has you covered with affordable, safe, and conveniently situated short-term parking spaces at the hottest beach destinations in the UK.
Need help deciding where to go? We’ve got you covered yet again. Read on to learn about the most popular areas in the UK for a beach holiday and find out how much parking will be while you’re there.
1) Littlehampton beach parkingThe former fishing port of Littlehampton is an attractive option if you’re hoping to take a spin on a vintage-style Ferris wheel, stroll on the promenade, or tuck into a delicious plate of fish and chips. The East Beach area has plenty of parking available, but be careful… the parking fees are quite expensive.
With Stashbee, you can save on parking in Littlehampton with fees as low as £0.90 per hour and £5.40 per day.
2) Brighton beach parkingBrighton, a stag and hen do haven, is known for its chilled out vibe, lovely little shops, and exciting food options. Londoners love visiting Brighton because of its close proximity but watch out if you’re travelling by car as we’ve heard reports of astonishing parking fees. We’re talking £32 for five hours - no thanks!
Instead, book your parking spot near Brighton's beach today for as low as £0.80 per hour and £4.80 per day.
3) Bournemouth car parks near the beachBournemouth offers five Blue Flag beaches, miles of golden sand, the lovely Boscombe Pier, beach huts to hire, and countless ice creams to enjoy. Though there are some free car parks near Bournemouth’s beaches, we always suggest booking a space in advance to avoid resorting to costly alternatives in the event they are full.
Secure an affordable parking spot in Bournemouth for as low as £0.70 per hour and £4.20 per day.
4) Car parks near Blackpool Pleasure BeachIf thrill rides are your fancy, Blackpool Pleasure Beach is an ideal local for an action-packed day trip or weekend holiday. The nearby seaside offers a relaxing escape from the hustle and bustle but, as with any attraction, parking can be expensive (up to £20 per day in peak season). And if you’re travelling by caravan, you’re completely out of luck as Blackpool Pleasure Beach does not accommodate them.
Parking in Blackpool is as low as £0.60 per hour and £3.60 per day when booked with Stashbee.
5) Beach parking in East DevonEast Devon has two sandy beaches, Exmouth Beach and Sandy Bay, and loads of pebbly beaches like Budleigh Salterton Beach, Jacob’s Ladder Beach, Sidmouth Town Beach, and Branscombe Beach. Whether you’ll be on the lookout for cool rocks with the kids or lazing in the sand with a cold pint of lager with your mates, sorting parking ahead of time is always a smart move if you want to avoid unexpected parking fines.
With Stashbee, parking in East Devon is as low as £0.80 per hour and £4.80 per day.
6) Dorset beach parkingThe fossil hunting in Dorset, especially under the 191-meter cliffs of Golden Cap, is superb. Don’t forget to try a pint of Palmers Dorset Gold at a nearby pub while enjoying the soothing sound of the waves rolling in.
Let your Dorset adventure begin with parking as low as £0.90 per hour and £5.40 per day.
7) Southend-on-Sea beach parkingOn-street pay and display parking in Southend-on-Sea can cost up to £18.00 per day, depending on location. If you’re looking to have a meal out (or a few pints), why not save some dough on parking by booking a short-term space with Stashbee?
Parking in Southend-on-Sea is as low as £0.60 per hour and £3.60 per day when you book with us.
8) Clacton-on-Sea beach parkingA seaside resort town popular between 1950 and 1970, Clacton-on-Sea remains a beautiful option for beachgoers looking to soak up some sun. We don’t offer any parking spaces to rent in Clacton-on-Sea at the moment, but please check back often as new listings are added every day! Or if you live in the area and have extra parking space, why not sign up to become a Host and corner the market?
9) Herne Bay beach parkingThe Herne Bay Pier is a hive of activity with its beach hut shops, countless restaurants and pubs, and a fabulous jazz festival every August. As for parking, there are 14 pricey car parks in the area and a limited number of free parking spaces in Herne Bay Memorial Park and at Hampton Pier that fill up quickly (especially at the weekend).
Book with Stashbee to secure parking in Herne Bay for as low as £0.90 per hour and £5.40 per day.
10) Scarborough beach parkingScarborough centres around a pretty, horseshoe-shaped bay along the North Sea. If your crew wants to try your hand at surfing (or meeting surfers), Scarborough is your spot!
Book parking in Scarborough for as low as £112 per month with Stashbee. We don’t currently have any Hosts in the area that offer hourly or daily parking, but keep checking back as this changes frequently! If you happen to live in Scarborough, why not sign up and make a little bit of extra cash on the side?
Start Planning Your Beachside Staycation TodayNow that we’ve helped you pick your ideal beach location and your parking plans are all sorted, the next thing to do is ring up your mates and start planning a seaside escape. Don’t forget the sun cream!
NB. All prices correct as of July 2021.
Thanks for reading