17th February 2022
25 days holiday
A little bit about us
Stashbee buzzed onto the scene in 2017 with one vision in mind: to put the world’s unused space to good use. Our co-founders David & Anthony both had subpar experiences as customers of self-storage, and asked themselves: “what if there was a one-stop shop for space?”. A way to connect those with spare space to anyone in need of it. More choice, a variety of locations, a wider range of prices, coated with a simple and smart user experience, served alongside impeccable customer service.
That’s what we’re building here at Stashbee. A tech enabled global community connecting people with space to those who need it. Stashbee is the simplest, smartest, most sustainable way for anyone to share and fill storage space.
Today, we have millions of square feet of space on our platform, making us the fourth largest storage provider in the UK. We’ve empowered our Host community to earn millions of pounds from their unused spaces by connecting them with Renters who need it. Our spaces have been used for everything: household items stored during moves and refurbishments, stock for businesses on the up, classic cars, movie props… We’ve even stored several tonnes of chocolate! We’ve now expanded beyond garages to provide parking, shipping containers and many other space types.
Our ambitions are huge and we’re just getting started. Dare we say… watch this space.
The Stashbee team
Astute, ambitious and accessible, we’re a driven and talented team who are passionate about reaching our full potential. We come from a variety of professional and personal backgrounds and believe that helping each other grow is the path to business growth. We set ourselves challenging goals, are not afraid of hard work, and are obsessed with learning by doing. We hold ourselves to high standards, we speak our minds, and we believe in accountability and integrity. We’re not afraid to disagree, and we prioritise done over perfect. We’re fundamentally changing how people share and use space, and we’re having a lot of fun doing it.
What the role involves
We’re looking for a PPC Specialist to help us on our exciting and ambitious growth journey. You will be responsible for driving Stashbee’s Paid Advertising results so that we can grow faster and cheaper. You’ll find, test and grow new Paid Marketing channels, developing and executing our marketing strategy, and continuously improving the way we engage, acquire and retain our customers across all our Paid Media channels. Reporting to our Growth Lead, you’ll play a critical role in scaling Stashbee. What you’ll be doing:
- Defining, owning and executing our marketing strategy working closely with co-founders, the Growth Lead, the wider Stashbee Team, and marketing to ensure we reach our ambitious growth goals.
- Identifying and implementing new initiatives to drive sales, Host signups, and overall customer engagement. You’ll bring plenty of creative thinking to the table, focusing on the whole customer journey from initial awareness to loyal customer, trialing different paid marketing channels and owning initiatives from idea to execution.
- Optimising funnel conversion rate by constantly testing, learning and optimising the journey for each of our customers
- Being the brand custodian, ensuring our new brand work is brought to life and resonates with both our internal and external audiences
- Establishing and reporting on KPIs. You’ll provide weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting on our Paid Ad marketing performance. You’ll work with team members across Stashbee to ensure that this is providing useful insights that inform smart business decisions.
- Owning Stashbee’s Paid Ads marketing budget, you’ll be responsible for our overall spend and ROI. You’ll be proactively identifying both tactical and long term opportunities for growth, providing the business case, driving them through to execution, and identifying key lessons learned.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for a passionate marketer to join our team. If the following sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you:
- You are a brilliant interpersonal operator with a bias for action (“done better than perfect”). You have a track record of identifying new growth opportunities, and managing and influencing stakeholders to make excellent decisions and get things done quickly and effectively.
- You have a voracious hunger to learn and add to your existing ‘T-shaped’ marketing skill set.
- You must be resourceful. The startup world requires that we work well with constraints and under time pressure. You ask questions of yourself and others like “how can we 10x this?” Or “surely there’s an easier way?” And those questions lead to resourceful answers.
- You’re a strong copywriter and have a real knack for figuring out the exact right phrasing that gets people clicking and signing up.
- Demonstrable understanding of the wider Digital Marketing landscape (Affiliate, SEO, Paid Social, Social, Referral etc)
- Proficient in use of Excel to create reports and work with large data sets
- Ability to build strong collaborative internal & external relationships
- You have flexibility in adapting to fast-changing priorities and a fast-paced work environment
- You have strong organisational skills, with the ability to keep on top of a number of threads of work at once and hit the ground running. You also understand how to prioritise tasks and focus attention based on potential impact/outcome.
- You are commercially minded, analytical, and have a good eye for detail.
- You are an optimistic realist with ambitions to take a start-up with early product-market-fit all the way from ‘early traction’ to ‘global household name’.
- You have a growth mindset and a track record of delivering impressive results quickly, creatively, and with limited resources.
- You think big, but test small and frequently. You’re able to identify, test and scale new opportunities for growth/reduced CPA.
- You have proven experience and success in owning and executing PPC marketing plans. In particular you will have executed multiple successful paid campaigns, and are comfortable with ambitious targets.
- You have solid experience using a range of tools to assist in the successful delivery of KPIs. You can demonstrate a track record of using analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Mixpanel, Heap etc), market insight / planning tools (e.g. SEMrush, SpyFu, Google Keyword Planner, Google Trends, iSpionage), SEO tools (Ahrefs, Moz), and so on.
- An independent thinker and executor. The rest of the team is always at hand to help out or bounce ideas off of, but we’re looking for someone with an endless stream of innovative ideas that can help us increase our ROAS.
- Experience relating to online platforms or double-sided marketplaces will be highly valued, e.g. using Supply/Demand information to inform decisions, looking at key marketplace health metrics to ensure we have the right amount of each customer type (Host & Renter) to get the most out of spend.
- You are both highly data literate and perceptive of customer needs/desires. This means being obsessed with measurable targets just as much as you are with the customer’s mindset. On one hand, you have top notch Excel / analytical skills, and are proficient in drawing insight from large data sets to drive business decisions. On the other, you’re able to get to the core of what motivates and deters our customers, and use that insight to make smart marketing choices.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary + Share Options
- Flexible working with office space in Secondhome Shoreditch
- Laptop/Tech Subsidy Scheme
- Subsidised Training/Professional Apprenticeships
- 25 days of holiday
- Pension plan (Nest)
- Childcare Vouchers
How to apply
To apply for this role please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org