Maximise Your Storage with Under Bed Storage Boxes
Underbed storage boxes have become a popular solution for maximising storage space in a bedroom. With the rise of smaller homes and apartments, particularly in cities, it's crucial to utilise every inch of space to keep your living area organised and clutter-free.
Whether you're looking to store linens, clothes, or seasonal items, an underbed storage box is an excellent option. But with so many options available, how do you determine which one is right for you?
Browse storage spaces for rentFind storage
What could I store in an under bed storage box?
The versatility of underbed storage boxes makes them a popular storage solution for a variety of items, including:
- Linens: Store extra sheets, pillowcases, and towels in an underbed storage box to save space in your closet.
- Clothes: If you're short on closet space, use an underbed storage box to store out-of-season clothes or those that don't fit in your closet.
- Shoes: Keep your shoes organised and dust-free by storing them in an underbed shoe storage box.
- Seasonal items: Store winter coats, holiday decorations, and summer clothes in an underbed storage box to keep them easily accessible when needed.
- Duvets and pillows: With the right size and design, an underbed storage box can even store larger items such as duvets, blankets and pillows.
- Anything!: There is really no limit to what you can store in an underbed storage box, as long as it fits in the box!
Overall, the beauty of an underbed storage box is that it can store a wide range of items and help you maximise your storage space.
Key considerations when choosing under bed storage boxes
There are several important considerations that you should keep in mind:
- Size: Make sure to measure the area under your bed to determine the maximum size of the box that will fit. You'll also want to consider the height of the box and make sure that it won't interfere with the clearance under your bed.
- Weight capacity: If you're planning to store heavy items, such as books or shoes, be sure to choose a storage box that can handle the weight. Most under bed storage boxes have a weight capacity listed on the product specifications, so be sure to check this before making a purchase.
- Accessibility: Consider the accessibility of the items you plan to store. If you'll be frequently accessing the items in your under bed storage box, choose a box with easy-to-open lids and wheels that make it easy to slide in and out from under the bed.
- Durability: If you're storing items that you'll need to access frequently, choose a storage box that's made from durable materials, such as plastic or fabric-covered cardboard, to ensure that it will last.
- Dust protection: If you're storing items that are susceptible to dust, such as shoes or linens, consider choosing a storage box with a lid or cover to keep the contents protected.
- Aesthetics: If you're storing items that are visible when you lift your bed skirt, consider choosing an under bed storage box that's attractive and matches your decor.
By considering these factors, you can ensure that you choose the best under bed storage box for your needs and maximise the storage potential of the space under your bed. Remember though; these are just storage solutions and you most likely wont see them, so don’t go breaking the bank!
Where to get under bed storage boxes?
Here are a few of the best places to get your under bed storage boxes:
- IKEA: An IKEA trip is a bit like marmite, you love it or hate it. Either way, they are the bosses when it comes to clever storage solutions! They have a few options ranging from cheaper fabric ‘cases’ to higher end wooden solutions:
- SKUBB - £7 - Fabric us recycled polyester and comes in 2 colours. This one is just a zip-up case to store your items.
- SOCKERBIT - £19 - A plastic box this time, with a bit of style added. A clever self-locking lid that opens in 2 halves makes it really handy for tight spaces.
- VARDÖ - £39 - This one is a wooden underbed storage box and comes in 2 colours. This is a rectangular box, a bit higher end and a nicer, cleaner aesthetic.
- FREDVANG - £45 - A wooden box which can be used as underbed storage or a bed-side table. This one has wheels and an open style for things like books or ornaments.
- Argos: A British staple also have some good options with lockable lids and on wheels
- Amazon: As always, Amazon/ Amazon sellers have a horse in the race with a wide variety of options in different colours and styles.
- Of course, if you are looking to save some cash, and are happy to use cardboard boxes, check out our blog on the 12 places to find free cardboard boxes in the UK!
- You will also find good options at most home goods or department stores, like B&Q or Dunelm.
Underbed storage boxes are a great solution for those looking to maximise their storage space. Whether you're looking for something affordable, practical, or stylish, there's an option out there for you. Just make sure to choose a box that's sturdy, stackable, and comes with a lid to ensure your stored items remain protected.
If you still need to find some storage solutions for your prized possessions, check out our range of dry, secure storage options - we are sure to have something to meet your needs!
Browse storage spaces for rentFind storage
10th Feb 2023
Top articles for Lifestyle & Home